Stevenage Museum and partners have an exciting programme starting this summer funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
Get involved in research, including trips to North Hertfordshire Museum, the Garden City Collection, Knebworth House archive, the Museum of London and the Women’s Library at the London School of Economics. These will run over the summer holidays, on Tuesdays, starting on 31 July.
Help write exhibition text, share your findings via social media, work with an artist to devise an installation and plan events.
Why get involved?
If you are thinking of applying to university to do an arts or humanities degree, but particularly history, English, history of art or media studies this is a great opportunity to do something that supports your UCAS personal statement and gives you insight into the workings of a local cultural organisation. There will also be the opportunity to do an Arts Award.
You will also have the chance to learn more about local suffrage stories and find out about the pioneers who helped to win women the vote.
How to get involved?
- Make an account on Volunteer Makers and save this challenge
- Register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- When your placement has been accepted, accept this challenge!
- You will then recieve further information regarding meeting places for the trips and detailed itineraries
Please make sure to keep your email address up to date so that we can contact you with the details of this project.
- Event Management
- Event Stewarding
- Project Management
- Social Media
- Computers and Technology
- Creative and Arts
- Event & Project Management
- Events and Programming
- Visitor Service/ Front of House
- Curatorial/Working with Museum Collection